Airtable collaborators can be given specific permissions that determine what they can and cannot edit in a workspace or a base. This article will guide you through the steps to add new collaborators, manage existing collaborator permissions, or remove collaborators on the iOS or Android version of our mobile app. For more information on permissions in Airtable, check out this support article.
Workspace level collaboration
- Click the dropdown icon next to the name of the workspace you'd like to perform the change.
- Tap on the "Workspace Collaborators" area.
- From here you can either "Add workspace collaborators" or manage existing workspace collaborators.
- Here you can add new workspace collaborators by name or email address. You'll also see a list of recent collaborators from other workspaces or bases.
- Ultimately, whether you choose to add a new workspace collaborator or clicked to manage an existing collaborator, you'll see the individual collaborator screen. At this point, a collaborator can be assigned one of five permission levels; Owner, Creator, Editor, Commentor, or Read-only. More on permission levels here.
Base level collaboration
To add a new base collaborator and set their permission level or to manage existing base collaborator permission levels:
- From the base where you are wanting to adjust collaborators, click the people and plus sign icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click "Add base collaborators." If you are wanting to add a workspace collaborator, then you'll want to follow the flow covered in the section above. Additionally, you can also choose to create an invite link to share out with colleagues or friends as well.
- Here you can add new base collaborators by name or email address. You'll also see a list of recent collaborators from other workspaces or bases.
- You'll see the individual collaborator screen. At this point, a collaborator can be assigned one of four permission levels; Creator, Editor, Commentor, or Read-only. More on permission levels here. Remember that Owner permissions are only available to workspace-level collaborators.
- Back on the "Manage collaborators" screen, you should now see the name and email address of the collaborator that you just added. You can click their name in the future, should you ever need to adjust their permissions on this base.