The Reports page of the admin panel offers a variety of tools that can output various information about share links, workspaces, bases, users, user activity, and more. These tools are useful when admins need to dig into data and surface valuable insights, both broad and precise.
NOTEThis is an Enterprise-only feature. If you are interested in learning more about our Enterprise plan and the additional features that it offers, then visit this page.
The Reports page currently offers two CSV download options:
- Share link report - Download a full report of all share links being used in your organization.
- Audit log - Request an audit log of user activity for the specified month or day within a given year. Logs can be generated from April 2021 forward. If your organization joined Airtable after April 2021, then audit logs will be available going back to the month that your organization joined.
We’ll go into more detail about each option below, but keep in mind that Airtable admins are also able to generate CSVs of information from the Users, Groups, Workspaces, and Bases pages.
Share link report
Before we begin, it’s a good idea to read up on share links if you’ve never worked with them before. Downloaded share link CSV reports will include the following columns of information:
- shareIdTruncated - A shortened share link ID for security purposes.
- applicationId - This is the ID of the base in Airtable.*
- shareType - This could be a shared View, App (blockInstallation), or Base (application).
- modelId - The ID of the View, App, or Base being shared.*
- shareCreatedTime - The created datetime (in UTC) of the share link.
- shareEffectiveDeletedTime - If the Workspace, Base, View, or App corresponding to the share link is deleted, then the share link has been deleted as well. This shows as a datetime in UTC.
- shareDeletedTime - The datetime (in UTC) that the share was deleted.
- createdByUserId - The ID of the user who created the share link.*
- canBeCloned - Boolean. If the share link is a base share link, then this shows whether or not the “Allow viewers to copy the data in this base” toggle has been turned on.
- canBeExported - Boolean. This shows whether or not the “Allow viewers to copy data out of this view” toggle is on.
- canBeSynced - Boolean. This shows whether the “Allow view to be synced to other bases” toggle is on.
- isEmailDomainRestrictionEnabled - Boolean. This tells you whether the Domain restriction has been turned on locally for this particular share link.
- isEmailDomainRestrictionToExternalDomain - Boolean. This shows whether or not the domain restriction has been set globally from the Admin Panel.
- hasPassword - Boolean. This tells you whether the share link has a password enabled.
- viewId - If this is a view share link, then a view’s ID will be shown.
- viewType - If this is a view share link, then the view type will be shown.
- viewDeletedTime - If the view was deleted, then it will show a deletion datetime in UTC. If the corresponding view is deleted, then the share link is also deleted.
- blockInstallationId - If this was an App share link, then the blockInstallationID will be shown.
- blockInstallationDeletedTime - The datetime (in UTC) that the App was deleted. If the corresponding app is deleted, then the share link is also deleted.
- personalForUserId - The ID of the user who created the share link will show here if the view shared was a personal view.
* Admins can use these IDs to search in the Admin Panel.
TIPIf you end up needing to make changes based upon the share link report that is generated, then please check out our support article about the Settings page of the admin panel where admins can set global share restrictions.
To learn more about the Audit log portion of the reports section, please consult this support article.