Want to export the events in an Airtable base to your favorite calendar app, such as Google Calendar, Fantastical, or Outlook? You can get an iCal link from a shared calendar view, and if you subscribe to this iCal link in a calendar app, it will sync the events from your Airtable base to your calendar.
To start, go to a calendar view. (To learn more about calendar views, check out our guide to calendar views.)
Once in the desired calendar view, take the following steps:
- Click on the view share button in the view bar
- Check the box which says "Create a shareable calendar view link." (For more on view share links, see this help article on table view share links.)
- Once you check the box, an option will appear at the bottom of the dialog box which says "Get an iCal subscription link." Clicking this option will generate a link which you can copy using c.
Once you have copied the iCal subscription link, you can paste the link using v in your preferred calendar application.
Here are specific instructions for adding iCal feed to various calendar applications:
- Adding an iCal feed to Apple Calendar
- Adding an iCal feed to Microsoft Outlook
- Adding an iCal feed to Google Calendar
Alternatively, you can download a "snapshot" of your calendar at a particular point in time as an ICS file, which like the iCal feed, is compatible with many 3rd party calendar applications. You may download the ICS file by pasting the link for the iCal feed into your browser address bar (e.g. in Chrome), then pressing enter. Your browser will then download this file directly to your computer's downloads folder, and you can import it into the calendar program of your choice. Here are instructions to do so for Apple Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, and Google Calendar; for support with other calendar applications, we recommend referring to the support content for the specific calendar application.
Unlike subscribing to a calendar, the downloaded ICS file will not sync with any future changes made to your Airtable calendar—much like how a downloaded CSV file of a grid view will not reflect any future changes made to that grid view.