- 04 Nov 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
Reports - Airtable Enterprise Admin Panel
- Updated on 04 Nov 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
The Reports page of the admin panel offers a variety of tools that can output various information about share links, workspaces, bases, users, user activity, and more. These tools are useful when admins need to dig into data and surface valuable insights, both broad and precise. This is an Enterprise-only feature. If you are interested in learning more about our Enterprise plan and the additional features that it offers, then visit this page.
This is an Enterprise-only feature. If you are interested in learning more about our Enterprise plan and the additional features that it offers, then visit this page.
The Reports page currently offers five CSV download options:
- Share links - Download a full report of all share links being used in your organization.
- Invite links - Download a full report of your organization's invite links — with no domain restrictions — that grant access (at the specified permission level) to anyone who opens the link.
- Pending user invites - View and download your organization's total number of pending user invites and resend or cancel invitations.
- External domains - Download a full report of external domains in collaboration with your organization.
- Audit log - Request an audit log of user activity for the specified month or day within a given year. Logs can be generated from April 2021 forward. If your organization joined Airtable after April 2021, then audit logs will be available going back to the month that your organization joined.
We’ll go into more detail about each option below, but keep in mind that Airtable admins are also able to generate CSVs of information from the Users, Groups, Workspaces, and Bases pages.
Before we begin, it’s a good idea to read up on share links if you’ve never worked with them before. Downloaded share link CSV reports will include the following columns of information:
- shareId - The ID of the share link.*
- applicationId - This is the ID of the base in Airtable.**
- shareType - This could be a shared View, extension (blockInstallation), or Base (application).
- modelId - The ID of the View, extension, or Base being shared.**
- shareCreatedTime - The created datetime (in UTC) of the share link.
- shareEffectiveDeletedTime - If the Workspace, Base, View, or extension corresponding to the share link is deleted, then the share link has been deleted as well. This shows as a datetime in UTC.
- shareDeletedTime - The datetime (in UTC) that the share was deleted.
- createdByUserId - The ID of the user who created the share link.**
- canBeCloned - Boolean. If the share link is a base share link, then this shows whether or not the “Allow viewers to copy the data in this base” toggle has been turned on.
- canBeExported - Boolean. This shows whether or not the “Allow viewers to copy data out of this view” toggle is on.
- canBeSynced - Boolean. This shows whether the “Allow view to be synced to other bases” toggle is on.
- isEmailDomainRestrictionEnabled - Boolean. This tells you whether the Domain restriction has been turned on locally for this particular share link.
- isEmailDomainRestrictionToExternalDomain - Boolean. This shows whether or not the domain restriction has been set globally from the Admin Panel.
- hasPassword - Boolean. This tells you whether the share link has a password enabled.
- viewId - If this is a view share link, then a view’s ID will be shown.
- viewType - If this is a view share link, then the view type will be shown.
- viewDeletedTime - If the view was deleted, then it will show a deletion datetime in UTC. If the corresponding view is deleted, then the share link is also deleted.
- blockInstallationId - If this was an extension share link, then the blockInstallationID will be shown.
- blockInstallationDeletedTime - The datetime (in UTC) that the extension was deleted. If the corresponding extension is deleted, then the share link is also deleted.
- personalForUserId - The ID of the user who created the share link will show here if the view shared was a personal view.**
- workspaceName - The name of the workspace from the base where the share link originates from.**
- applicationName - The name of the base where the share link originates from.**
- viewName - If applicable, the name of the view where the link originates from.
- tableId - If applicable, the ID of the table where a view share or form link is coming from.
- shareIdTruncated - A shortened version of the share link's ID.
- Share link IDs can be helpful for troubleshooting purposes.
- Admins can use share link IDs to search in the Admin Panel.
TIPIf you need to make changes based on the share link report that is generated, then please check out our support article about the Settings page of the admin panel where admins can set global share restrictions.
The Invite links report offers the ability to:
- Download a full report of your organization's invite links.
- Search for specific invites.
- Filter by type, permission, domain restricted, and created time.
- Sort by invitation link, type, permission, domain restricted, creator, and created time.
Pending user invites
The Pending user invitesreport offers the ability to:
- Download a full report of your organization's total number of pending user invites.
- Resend or cancel pending invitations.
- Search by email address.
- Sort by name, invited by, last invited, and status.
The External domains report offers the ability to:
- Download a full report of external domains in collaboration with your organization.
- Search by domain name.
- Sort by external domains and members.
- Manage sharing settings.
To learn more about the Audit log portion of the reports section, please review this support article.