- 10 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Integrating HubSpot with Airtable
- Updated on 10 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- While these articles are meant to serve as helpful guides for our customers, 1:1 support for integrations with 3rd party tools is limited in support interactions
- If you are experiencing setup issues or need help troubleshooting this integration, we recommend you search threads in the Community first
- If your question doesn't appear to be asked in the Community, then post a new message on the Development & APIs board (Requires signing into the community)
HubSpot is a CRM software product that offers templated solutions for Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Operations, and Content management. Currently, they offer two tools, Workflows and Data Sync, that connect with Airtable via our API. In HubSpot, Workflows help to automate processes based on certain conditions that you set, whereas their Data sync beta feature allows for certain information to be seamlessly matched on both platforms.
Connecting services programatically
In order to integrate Airtable and HubSpot together, you will need to create or use an existing API key. Note that, API keys are due to be deprecated and there isn't currently a way to authenticate this connection via PATs.
Airtable and HubSpot Workflows
The Workflows feature in HubSpot is similar to Airtable Automations. Workflows allow you to set up a trigger and action, or actions, so that when a certain condition is met it causes something else to occur. HubSpot’s Airtable - Workflows feature can connect with Airtable so that when something happens in HubSpot (trigger) a record is created in Airtable (action).
This feature is particularly useful if you want certain information housed in HubSpot to be sent over to Airtable in an automated way. Once the record has been created in Airtable, you are able to use that information in any of the ways that you would otherwise use records for your particular needs.
For more information on the setup and technical details of this HubSpot feature, visit their guide documentation page.
Airtable - Data sync
HubSpot's Airtable - Data sync offers a two-way synchronization solution between the information stored in a HubSpot hub and an Airtable base. This helps to eliminate more manual processes of keeping your data uniform across the two platforms. There are two overarching use cases available:
- Syncing contacts between HubSpot and Airtable
- Syncing company information between HubSpot and Airtable
More information about this HubSpot feature as well as setup guidance can be found here.