- 25 Aug 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Workspaces - Airtable Enterprise Admin Panel
- Updated on 25 Aug 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
The "Workspaces" page of the admin panel lets Airtable admins manage and view information about Airtable usage from the workspace level.
|Plan availability||Business and Enterprise Scale only|
|Platform(s)||Web/Browser, Mac app, and Windows app|
Workspaces in admin panel
- Visit your admin panel.
- Select Admin, then Workspaces.
- The current total number of workspaces under their organization’s plan
- A list of all of the workspaces owned by users in their organization
- The owners of each workspace
- A list of all collaborators or groups, their permission levels, who they were invited by, as well as when they were invited
- A list of all bases within a workspace, the collaborators with access to each base, their permission levels, etc.
- When each workspace was created
- Workspaces without an active owner
- Filter workspaces using name, owner, collaborator, bases, and date created
- Download a CSV of the list of workspaces being displayed
- Search workspaces by name
Searching, filtering, and sorting in admin panel
Near the top of the Workspaces page there is a “Find a workspace” search bar. For example, you could return all of the “My first workspace” (default name) instances by typing that name into the search bar. Or, if your organization sets up a naming structure for particular workspaces, then admins could find related workspaces via a keyword.
Clicking on the “Workspaces without active owners” option will automatically limit results to only show workspaces where no owners of the workspace are currently active users.
Clicking on any of the column names in the header of the Workspaces page will sort the results of the workspaces query.
- Workspace name - Alphabetically (Arrow down) or reverse alphabetically (Arrow up).
- Owners - Workspaces with the least owners (Arrow down) or with the most (Arrow up).
- Collaborators - Workspaces with the least collaborators (Arrow down) or the most (Arrow up).
- Bases - Workspaces with the least bases (Arrow down) or the most (Arrow up).
- Created on - Oldest created workspaces (Arrow down) or most recent (Arrow up).
Owners, collaborators, and bases in admin panel
Below the Owners column, you will see the number of users with owner-level permissions on the corresponding workspace. Clicking on a number will open up a pop-over window displaying more information about each of the owners. From this window you can:
- See each owner’s name and email address. *
- See whether the owner is internal, external, or an admin.
- View or change the individual’s workspace permission level. This includes the ability to grant owner permissions to multiple collaborators.
- See who the individual was invited by. **
- Find the date the owner was invited. ***
- Download a CSV file of the list of owners.
- Add collaborators.
*There can be one or multiple owners
** Hover over the collaborator’s picture for more details
*** If the user was removed as a collaborator and added again later, then the “Invited on” date will show as the date that the collaborator was re-added.
Below the Collaborators column, you will see the number of users collaborating within that particular workspace. This includes all owners, creators, editors, commenters, and read-only users. Clicking on the number of collaborators will open up a pop-over window displaying a list of additional information about each user or group associated with the workspace. From this window you can:
- View each collaborator’s or user group’s name
- View or change the permission level for the user or group
- See who invited the user or group *
- Find the date the collaborator was invited **
- Download a CSV file of the list of collaborators
*Hover over the collaborator’s picture for more details
** If the user was removed as a collaborator and added again later, then the “Invited on” date will show as the date that the collaborator was re-added.
Below the bases column, you will see the number of bases currently residing in the specific workspace row you are looking at. Clicking on this option will open up the Bases page in the navigation sidebar. To learn more about the Bases page, please visit our support article here.
On the "Workspaces" home page, as well as the individual workspaces pages, admins will see a CSV download button near the right side of the page.
- Workspace ID
- Workspace name
- Owner count
- Owner IDs
- Owner emails
- Collaborator count
- Collaborator ID
- Collaborator emails
- Base count
- Base IDs
- Created on data (UTC)
- Collaborator name
- Collaborator type
- Collaborator ID
- Collaborator email
- Invited by ID
- Invited by email
- Invited on data (UTC)
Upgrading workpaces in Airtable
- Visit your Airtable homepage.
- Click the profile menu in the top-right corner, then select Admin.
- After clicking Admin, the Admin Panel opens in a new tab.
- Click Workspaces and then Other workspaces.
- Select the checkbox next the workspace you want to upgrade.
- Click Upgrade workspace in the top-right corner.
- After clicking Upgrade workspace, a window opens with the corresponding upgrade details.
- Click Upgrade workspace(s).