- 27 Mar 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Airtable home screen
- Updated on 27 Mar 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
The Airtable home screen helps you navigate to and discover the work that matters most to you. Below, we'll walk you through the details of where you can find various menus, options, links, workspaces, bases, and interfaces.
|Plan availability||All plan types|
|Platform(s)||Web/Browser, Mac app, and Windows app|
Home screen navigation
Take a look at the list below for a complete overview of the new home screen.
- Sidebar collapse - Click this button if at any point you'd like to close or reopen the sidebar on the left side of the home screen.
- Search - Search here for bases and/or interfaces. You can press CMDK at any time (in a base, interface, or on the home screen) to open up the search bar.
- Help menu - Open this to find links to Airtable's Help Center, official community website, use our help bot and contact our support team, contact our sales team, open the developer documentation, and more.
- Notifications - Click here to open up your notifications. Learn more about notifications here.
- Account menu -
Click here to:NoteWhile we are migrating users to the new home screen experience, you can revert to the old home screen experience from this menu.
- Navigate to your account page
- Open your workspace trash
- Manage groups
- Set notification preferences
- Manage integrations
- Navigate to the developer hub
- Log out of Airtable
- Workspaces - Click Home at any time to reset the home screen. Additionally, you can open the drop-down next to All workspaces to scroll and browse through any workspaces you are collaborating in. Lastly, you can open the drop-down next to the Starred section to quickly navigate to any bases or interfaces that you have favorited. More on starring below.
- Filter/Sort options - The drop-down menu on the left allows you to Show all, Show bases only, or Show interfaces only. The drop-down on the right allows you to further filter by choosing to show items Opened by you or Shared with you. Lastly, you can sort items Newest to oldest or Oldest to newest.
- Display style - Click here to toggle between showing items as a list or as a grid.
- Quick links - Here you'll find a few links to Templates, the Marketplace, and the Universe.
- Create a base - Click here to create a base. This will open a popover menu where you will choose the workspace location to create the new base. (Creator or owner permissions only)
Bases and interfaces
The image below shows where you can find additional options for your bases and interfaces when you have a particular workspace page open. Here, we show the experience in a grid format, but the list format is similar. Hovering over a base or interface will give you additional options:
- Starring - This allows you to favorite the bases and interfaces you work in the most. Just click the star to add or remove from the starred list in the sidebar to the right.
- Pinning - We discuss this in more depth below.
- Base options - Hovering over a base will show the "..." spillover menu. Depending upon your permission level, you may be able to rename, share, duplicate, or delete the base. You may also move the base or customize its icon and color. Finally, you can also set Slack notification rules for the base, pin the base at the top of your workspace, or add it to your starred list.
- Interface options - Hovering over an interface will show the "..." spillover menu. You can click Go to workspace if you are a workspace collaborator where that interface resides. This option will be greyed out if you are only a base collaborator. Also, you can star an interface from this menu.
Pinning bases and interfaces
You can also choose to pin a set of up to 3 bases and/or interfaces at the top of each workspace page. Pinned items will appear in the order that they were pinned, earliest to most recent. To add another pinned item you'll need to remove another pinned item first if you've already reached the maximum of 3 pinned items.