The trash function allows to see and restore recently deleted items from a base. Specifically, you can use the trash to see and restore the tables, views, fields (columns), blocks, and records (rows) that have been deleted in a base in the past seven days.
To access the trash for a base, click on the base's history button, then click the Trash option from the dropdown menu.
This will bring up a list of all the deletions from the past seven days. Each deletion entry will tell you what was deleted, what kind of item was deleted (table, view, field, block, or record), when it was deleted, and who deleted it.
To restore an item from the trash, click the Restore option next to a deleted item.
If you have creator-level permissions for the base, you can permanently remove everything that's in the trash by emptying it. To empty the trash, click the Empty trash button at the top of the trash dialog. Any trash you delete this way will no longer be recoverable (unless that information is recovered through the restoration of a snapshot). Please use this feature with caution.
Trash and permissions
What actions you can take within the trash dialog are limited by your permission level.
- You need to have edit-only or creator permissions to see the trash dialog.
- Only creators can empty the trash.
- Read-only users cannot open or otherwise see the contents of the trash.
- You need to have edit-only or creator permissions to restore deleted views and records.
- Only creators can restore deleted tables and fields.