We would love to help make Airtable more accessible for your organization. We offer 50% off Plus or Pro plans to qualifying organizations!
This article discusses frequently asked questions related to Airtable's discounted plans:
- What type of organizations qualify?
- How do I apply for a discounted Airtable plan?
- We aren't a registered nonprofit or educational organization just yet. Can we still qualify?
- I submitted an application for the discount program. When should I hear back?
- Is there a discounted plan for students?
- How does the discounted nonprofit pricing work?
- Can I add users to a discounted workspace?
- Can I downgrade or change my discounted plan?
- Can we get a refund for my current paid plan?
- Can I wait to start the discounted plan?
What type of organizations qualify?
At the present, only nonprofits and accredited educational organizations qualify for our discount program. Your nonprofit may qualify if it:
- does not engage in political or legislative activity
- is not a governmental office or department
- is not a church, association of churches, or other religious or evangelical organization
- is not an organization that attempts to influence public opinion
- is not a hospital or other care provider, organization involved with health insurance or group health plans, and related organizations
- is not a private grant-making, independent, or operating foundation
- does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, political affiliation or beliefs, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression
- does not promote a particular religious affiliation, dogma, or doctrine as part of its mission or in exchange for its services (being affiliated with a religious organization is not in itself disqualifying)
How do I apply for a discounted Airtable plan?
If you’re interested in applying, we kindly request that you submit to either:
- Nonprofit discount application: https://airtable.com/shr9DxhP6lU9slZE6
- Education discount application: https://airtable.com/shrtaLSBL0Z0sLQnX
We aren't a registered nonprofit or educational organization just yet. Can we still qualify?
We ask for some form of legal registration or accreditation documentation in order to qualify. For most US organizations, we require a determination letter from the IRS showing your 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. For educational organizations, we ask for an educational status certification verifying your not-for-profit and/or accreditation status. This is most likely a letter from your institution's central administrator. If you don't have this type of documentation just yet, we highly encourage you to apply once you do!
I submitted an application. When should I hear back?
We aim to get back to applicants within ten business days after you've submitted your application.
Is there a discounted plan for students?
As of right now, we do not offer a formal student discount. One option to offset the cost of our premium plans is using Airtable credits. Received when referring others to Airtable or installing the mobile app, Airtable credits can be applied toward a workspace, allowing you to upgrade it to a premium plan without paying, if you've acquired enough credits.
How does the discounted nonprofit pricing work?
For Pro plans, the 50 percent nonprofit discount is based off our monthly Pro plan rate of $24/user/month, bringing the discounted total to $12/user/month ($144/user/year). For Plus plans, (normally $12/user/month), the discounted nonprofit rate is $6/user/month ($72/user/year). The 17 percent annual discount does not apply to workspaces already receiving our nonprofit discount.
Airtable currently operates on a subscription model, billed either monthly or annually. It's currently only possible to pay for Airtable with a credit card. In order to move forward with upgrading to a premium plan a payment method must be attached to the workspace. One-time payments are not currently supported.
On both monthly and annual plans, we bill for any changes (such as adding/removing collaborators or upgrading/downgrading your workspace plan) once per month. Airtable plan changes are automatically prorated, including adding or removing collaborators or switching plans. If your workspace is on a nonprofit discounted plan, and you'd like to change plans (from Plus to Pro or Pro to Plus), please reach out to Airtable support rather than changing your workspace plan yourself, so we can ensure the nonprofit discount gets applied across your plan change. You can however downgrade to the Free plan (and no longer be charged) without needing to coordinate with the Airtable team.
Can I add users to a discounted workspace?
You can add new collaborators to your discounted workspace at any time; any new collaborators added to your discounted workspace will be charged at the discount rate. No need to reach out to the Airtable team to add new collaborators. In order to add a collaborator, you can check out our collaboration guide, which will walk you through how to add either a workspace collaborator or base collaborator.
It is worth noting that billing is based on the number of collaborators who can edit (or comment on) at least one base in the workspace. You will not be billed for:
any read-only workspace collaborators
base collaborators who only have read-only access to bases on the workspace
any people who are neither workspace nor base collaborators who have used forms from one of the bases in the workspace.
Can I downgrade or change my discounted plan?
You are welcome to downgrade or change your plan at any time. You can downgrade to the Free plan whenever you like. However, for any plan changes to another discounted paid plan (e.g., changing from discounted Plus to discounted Pro, or re-upgrading from Free to discounted Pro) please reach out to our team.
Can we get a refund for my current paid plan?
We don't refund for charges incurred prior to the discount; however, you’ll get a prorated refund in the form of Airtable credits if we’re switching you to the discounted version of the same plan.
For example, if you are the sole collaborator in your workspace, which is on the monthly Pro plan ($24/collaborator/month). You pay $24 at the beginning of the monthly billing cycle. Halfway through the month, you switch to the discounted Pro plan ($12/collaborator/month). On the next billing cycle, you will be charged $6:
$12 for one collaborator for the next month
Minus a credit of $6 (since you initially paid $24, but should have paid only $18 based on your actual usage—half of $24 plus half of $12)
For more information on how Airtable's billing works, we'd suggest checking out our Billing FAQs.
Can I wait to start the discounted plan?
Once your organization is approved for the discount, you'll have four weeks to activate the discount on a workspace of your choice. If you'd like to upgrade on a date more than four weeks out, please reach out to us then.