- 23 Aug 2023
- 5 Minutes to read
Airtable invoices and receipts overview
- Updated on 23 Aug 2023
- 5 Minutes to read
For paid plans, every month you'll receive one invoice that details your transactions and charges and one receipt for proof of payment. This article contains detailed information about invoices, charges, and frequently asked questions about them.
Who has access to invoices?
Invoices are emailed monthly to all workspace owners on paid workspace plans; invoices are not able to be sent to other collaborators who are not workspace owners.
At the moment, the only way to send invoices to a different email address (aside from forwarding them via email) is by adding an additional owner to the upgraded workspace with the desired email address. Please keep in mind that if this person is not already a billable collaborator on the workspace, this will add to the cost of the workspace.
Finding your invoices
To view your invoice/billing history within Airtable:
- Start by going to airtable.com/account (from a laptop or desktop) and clicking the workspace on the left side of the page.NotePlease note, only the Owner(s) of a workspace will be able to view the workspace settings page. All other collaborators on a workspace will not be able to access that workspace's billing information.
- Once you've opened your account page, a list of your workspaces will display on the left-hand side of the screen. Select any workspace to open its workspace settings.
- Once you've opened a workspace, you'll see your billing history on the right-hand side of the page. Under billing history, you can view all past invoices and the history of any upgrades/downgrades for the workspace you're viewing by clicking the View invoice link.
- The total on your invoice is calculated by adding prorated charges from the previous billing period, plus your current number of billable collaborators, minus applied Airtable credits. The total on your invoice will match the total on your receipt.
- The top half of your invoice displays the prorated charges (and credits) from any billable collaborators added or removed from the upgraded workspace during the past month.
- The bottom half of your invoice takes the current number of billable collaborators on your workspace and charges for their access for the forthcoming month.
- If any of these collaborators leave the workspace (or if their permission levels are changed to read-only) during the next month, a pro-rated credit will appear in the top section of next month's invoice.
Print or download an invoice
To print or download an invoice, click the Print button at the top-right of the invoice. You can then print the invoice to PDF to save on your device, or send it to a printer.
Adding invoice details
You are able to add information to your invoices by navigating to the Invoice details section of the workspace settings page. As a reminder, you'll need to be a workspace owner in order to access this page.
Clicking on this option will open a pop-up window where you are able to add:
- Your address
- Tax code information
- An additional note to future invoices.
If you need to change the invoice details to show up on future invoices, then you will now see an Edit invoice details option. Click that option, change the details to the desired output, and click Save.
The additional invoice details will show up on your invoice in the following places:
Details about receipts
A receipt is provided monthly along with your invoice and is your proof of payment (not a replacement for an itemized invoice). Your receipt provides the type of credit card used, the last four digits of your credit card, and the amount charged (in USD). The amount on the receipt will match the balance due on your invoice.
Workspace invoices are always sent to all owners of the upgraded workspace. At the moment, the only way to send invoices to a different email address (aside from forwarding them via email) is by adding an additional owner to the upgraded workspace with the desired email address. Please keep in mind that if this person is not already a billable collaborator on the workspace, this will add to the cost of the workspace.
Airtable charges for the billing period moving forward.
For example: if you received a $24.00 monthly charge on your credit card dated January 15, 2024, the invoice billing period is from January 15, 2024 to February 15, 2024.
Airtable creates invoices on a monthly basis, however, the charge for each billable collaborator is calculated by the day. If you add a billable collaborator during the previous billing period, you will see a prorated charge on your next monthly invoice.
The total on your invoice is calculated by adding prorated charges from the previous billing period, plus your current number of billable collaborators, minus applied Airtable credits. The total on your invoice will match the total on your receipt.
We issue invoices on a monthly basis for all of our paid plans including annual plans. If you did not make any changes to your annual billing plan your invoice will result in a $0.00 balance.
Airtable is based in the United States so our prices and the amounts on your invoice are in USD. Currency conversions are handled by our payment processor, Stripe. Here is some information about how Stripe handles them.
Airtable plans renew automatically, whether on a monthly or annual billing cycle. Though it's not possible to set a workspace to auto-downgrade at the conclusion of its billing period, setting a personal reminder to downgrade the workspace the day before its renewal can ensure you switch it to our free plan in plenty of time. (Please note the lower limits that would then apply to bases in the downgraded workspace.)
A workspace's plan will renew on the same day of the month that it was upgraded (or a day later, if this falls on a weekend). To know what day to set your downgrade reminder, simply go to the workspace's settings page and look at your last invoice. (A link to the invoice would also have been emailed to you, as an owner on the workspace.)
Note that if you downgrade a workspace in between renewal dates, a refund of Airtable credits will get applied to that workspace automatically, prorated to its remaining paid commitment. This credit refund will go through a month after your most recent invoice.
On the Team plan it's only possible to upgrade your workspace and pay for Airtable with a credit card. We do offer an invoice payment option for larger organizations on our Business and Enterprise Scale plans.